Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Say it with me now:

A - Merrr - eee - KAH.

That's right. America.

TJ and I went to America this weekend.

Or Santiago. Whatever. We had a blast.


We took hot showers. We cranked up (down?) the AC. We ate at TGI Fridays and Dominoes. And McDonald's. And KFC.

We went to the movies - Fool's Gold (or "Foo's Gold," according to our tickets) with Matthew McConauhey and Kate Hudson. Cute as can be, and ironically, set in the Caribbean, where we are lucky enough to live. So in escaping to "America" for the weekend, we actually ended up loving where we live even more...

But I digress.

We went shopping. We sat at a cafe for hours, talking and laughing with our dear friends from SCS. I spent $15 on handfuls of jewelry from Inka.

Ahhhhhh, America. Marvelous.





A special thanks to you-know-who-you-are for treating us to this weekend. It was delightful.

3 comments:

Emily Cade said...

Can you not take hot showers where you are now?

Caroline said...

Oh, I am so glad you got to go! Did they have Dr Pepper?? I love Inka. I do want a store like that here!

Unknown said...

No, we don't have hot water where we live. We are lucky and thankful if we even have RUNNING water!!! Otherwise, we wash dishes, mop the floors, take showers, etc. in buckets of water that we haul upstairs.