Thursday, June 07, 2007

Inka, an Island girl's best friend.


I moved to this island with three pieces of jewelry. My wedding band, diamond stud earrings from our first anniversary, and a little bezel set diamond necklace that TJ gave me a long time ago.

I gave up on jewelry in junior high. It's hard enough for me to pick out clothes that match, let alone shoes, handbags, hair style, jewelry, etc.

Enter hip Santiago friends, time to kill in the big city, and a little treasure on earth called "Inka." It's this fabulous jewelry store in Santiago, full of Clare's & Express fare. But everything is 60 pesos ($2) or less.

I'm addicted. As you can see in the above photo, my shoe organizer has been retasked.

The next time I'm feeling blue, I've told TJ he needs to put me in the car, drive to Santiago, give me 500 pesos, and let me wander around Inka, no questions asked. It's sure to cure whatever ails.

Girls, come visit! We'll go shopping!

ps - Mo, I found some black beads in RSJ. They're on their way.

4 comments:

Blake and Moriah said...

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I knew you could do it! I'm wearing my black bead bracelet right now!! We miss you guys. The house needs to meet you!

Unknown said...

Oooo - I like your jewelry! Very creative with the shoe organizer too, by the way!

LoriLoo310 said...

Alright, alright! That's it, you've convinced me. We must come visit. Where shopping is involved, Lori is involved. Now the question is how to convince Brandon.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I also gave up on jewelry a long time ago. I love it, but always forget to wear it!!!