Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dear TJ,

You've only been out of town for 2 days, and you'll be home tomorrow. But the thing is...

I miss you.

I miss you when I'm hauling 5 gallon jugs of water up the stairs.

I miss you when I'm trying to start the generator, when the dishes need to be washed.

I miss you when I need someone to get me a Diet Coke, and when I can't decide what to eat for dinner.

I miss you when the kids stop by to tell me about their day, and when they want help picking mangoes out of our tree.

I miss you when I have to lift the garage gate, and when Gus wants food. Or water. Or to go outside.

I miss you when the palm trees blow in the breeze, and the waves crash on the shore.

I miss you when water needs to be pumped or the power needs to be flipped.

I miss you when I wake up, and when I go to sleep. And while I'm sleeping.

I can do all of those things by myself, I guess.

But I love being your helpmate in life. I love all the ways you help us live our life here.

Love,
Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TJ is very blessed to have YOU!!! WE miss both of you!!!!

LoveU4ever,

rl

Cody James Veteto said...

Hmm... Is someone in love??