Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Snoozer


Bill Bryson is one of our absolute favorite authors. We've read almost everything he's written.

Which is why it's surprising that he's become a point of contention in our marriage... We fight over one of his books. Every night. "The Mother Tongue: English and how it got that way"

Or as we have affectionately dubbed it: "The Snoozer."

We honestly love the book - we've read it several times. We're fascinated by linguistics. (Nerds??? Yes.) But well-written and interesting as it is, it puts us to sleep. Better than Ambien or Benadryl.

I think we're going to have to invest in two copies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Probably worth the investment! I think I might like this book too - I might have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Bill Bryson is fantastic!

love you guys

Susan S

Anonymous said...

i have not read this book! i will go get it this week!!! i love bill bryson.

but snoozer?? you obviously havn't read the one on shakespeare. I read half of it in barnes and noble before realizing i didn't want it

ben wilkins said...

That's hilarious! I read his book A Sunburned Country about Australia... very good book! I also read most of A Walk in the Woods (I think that's what it's called) but never got around to finishing it (I'm not a reader)

Hope you guys are doing well!