Saturday, August 04, 2007

¡Te extrano, Baja Burrito!

Do we say enough that we love living here?!

Well, we do. We love it.

But sometimes... It sneaks up on us. We miss home. Usually food or friends. And the other day I REALLY wanted some pineapple salsa from Baja Burrito.

So gosh darn it, I walked to the fruit market, picked out my ingredients, pulled out my trusty As-Seen-On-TV Magic Food Chopper (no electricity required - thanks, Linda!), and made some TASTY pineapple salsa.

Our friend, Lindsay, was staying with us, and I fear she was the true master behind the recipe. I probably won't be able to make it just right until she moves here with her family in the fall.

But here's what how we made it, more or less...

Pineapple Salsa:
2/3 pineapple, peeled & diced
3 large tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 green pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalepeño (didn't have, so we used crushed red pepper)
1 stem fresh cilantro
dash of orange juice (drain pineapple juice first)
1 teaspoon cumin (used Maggi seasoning instead)
salt and pepper to taste

*Plus a few secret ingredients I snuck in while Lindsay wasn't looking...

5 comments:

The Jarod said...

just dont let TJ make rice! We lost some pots in college that way! Industrial bleach couldnt eat through whatever he made.

Anonymous said...

Do you want to go and eat there when you are home? I would love to go with you...miss you guys everyday!

The Blankinships said...

that is just so impressive! and will be EVEN BETTER (if that's possible) once the fruit fairy brings you her little surprise! ;) watch out rachael ray, you've got competition!

Tina and Jim said...

Hey, the salsa recipe is a hit. We tried it earlier than I thought we would. I plan to make it for an upcoming college student dinner night here at our house on Thursday. Hope you all are doing well. You are in our continued prayers.

Tina
P.S. I got the word verification work!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yay!i got blogged about!!!


even if my name was spelled wrong...(its Ey)


haha hope everything is going spledidly! love you guys!