Thursday, August 30, 2007

Our trip in food.

When we landed at the Miami Airport three weeks ago, we shooed our bags through customs and hightailed it to California Pizza Kitchen. Land of flavorful food, free refills and cashiers that acknowledge your presence and speak politely in English.

As we inhaled our pizzas (BBQ chicken and Thai), I thought it would be fun to keep track of the massive quantity of food we planned to eat.

We forgot to write everything down, but we did take an inordinate number of food pictures. I will also tell you that I, Holly, gained 11 pounds in 10 days. It was quite a feat!

So here we are, eating our way across the country.

ps - I'm back to my normal size, now.


We never get tired of America's ubiquitous free refills.


The house Italian at Debbie's Diner in Morgan, Utah.


The smoked sausage is not to be missed at Mac's BBQ in Skiatook, Oklahoma.


Dad can't even put his fork down long enough to smile for the picture.


TJ's mom made this heavenly birthday cake from scratch. Fresh strawberries and cream cheese icing, plus his Mimi's homemade banana ice cream on the side.


TJ's mom packed us a lunch for our drive to Nashville.


Hard to beat these hamburgers at Blake & Moriah's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots and lots of cheery thoughts!
(We're going to Abilene for lectures, and we have every meal planned including;
Ann Thai, Los Arcos, Betty Rose's...
I'll probably cry eating my bunless turkey sandwich and cornbread with squeezable butter.
(I will cry for two reasons. One for the sheer joy of such a delectable meal, and for missing you my Betty Rose's buddy.)
Love, Love, Love & Cheerful Thoughts for you Sweet Friend.
-K

Summer said...

Oh yum. Yum, yum yum. That's all I can say. Yum. I'm hungry now.

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with Holly gaining 11 pounds...but wow...I commend your efforts.
When I was waiting on a layover in Atlanta a couple weeks ago, I spotted what I believed to be a TJ! As he was passing by, I grabbed his arm in an attempt to stop him and say hi, only to realize that I had not spotted a TJ. It was akward then to say the least and even more akward in retrospect considering the manner in which I grabbed the supposed TJ and the fact that I don't really know you at all. Thought you would enjoy my really embarassing moment!
-Love
Kayla's "friend" Amanda