Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Come out of the closet, Gus!



The most asked question while we were home:

"So... How's Gus?"

Not "How's the ministry going?" or "How's life without electricity & running water?". No, no. Everybody wanted to know how our dog was doing!

Gus is doing very well, thank you for asking. No more salmonilla sickness. He still doesn't like all the noise, and he barks every time someone even thinks about walking through our gate. Quite the watchdog, actually.

Below are Gus' friends. He actually considers them friends, we're sure of it. I thought TJ was always getting the same toys out for him, but no. Every morning he gets them out of his toy basket & puts them on his rug. He doesn't really play, just hangs out with them. But if I put them away, Gus quickly rescues his friends from the toy basket.




This is what we wake up to every morning. Gus sleeping in my closet. Every night I close the doors so he can't get in. (But of course this is the Dominican and everything is a little broken and warped so the doors don't actually close.) Every night he goes to sleep on his dog bed, then hops in the closet after we're asleep.

Gus! Come out of the closet! Actually, we've thought for a long time that Gus liked boy dogs better than girl dogs. He sort of had a boyfriend in Nashville - a dachsund named Henry. And here he LOVES our friend Jordan. Just Jordan. We can't figure out why... But anyway, we think it's funny that our dog with homosexual tendencies sleeps in the closet.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

My dog loves to be in my closet too! I think it's just because I have my dog-walking outfit on the floor in there (the sweats I put on over my pajamas to walk him every morning). I have been told clothes we have worn and have our smell on them can be a comfort to dogs, so that's my theory on why mine likes to lay in my closet.. yours could have a different reason, but he probably just feels secure and comfortable in there. Glad to hear it's not just my dog!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that Henry made your blogpage! I'll be sure and read it to him tonight when I get home. I have your blog page bookmarked and get on it almost every day looking forward to an update. I went to work full-time with Nashville Inner City Ministry as of 1/1/07 and I love the chance to build relationships with these kids. I get the feeling these kids are not a lot different from your kids, just in a different location. Please know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you often. Tell Gus that Henry says hello!
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of Gus are soooooooooo good! He should be in the movies, or at least commercials!!

Love,

Gus' Tulsa grandmother
xoxoxoxo