Monday, January 29, 2007

Aqui Estamos

We're back!
For the last week we have been settling back into our life here in Rio San Juan, reconnecting with the kids in our area and getting excited for some of the new ideas we have for the ministry. But before the ministry can begin, there was the unpacking of the exactly 275 pounds of batterychargers/twinkies/DVDs/ministry material that we managed to sneak through customs without any taxes. (Holly just smiles at them and they wave us through.)
After that, we set to cleaning the apartment, upon which had descended a fine, yet disturbing layer of mold during the month we were away. With the pillows thrown out, we think we got most of it and I will stop sneezing soon, surely.
The kids were excited to see us, as well as the few mothers/Gmas that we have met- one told us last night that her daughter-" she make me crazy to ask about TJ and Holly"! It made us feel good to know we were missed.
After a long, long Sunday night, Holly and I sat down to watch an episode of the TV show "Alias" that we borrowed from our friends, the Thompsons. Needless to say, we are hooked beyond healtiness, and are glad to escape Spanish every once in a while to be CIA double agent spies with Sydney. (Except that Holly says I would make the worst spy in the history of spies- I can't keep secrets and she always finds her birthday presents before I give them to her.)
Other than that- lots of good ministry news coming down the pike- we will keep you updated! Love you guys and thanks for your prayers and comments.
TJ

2 comments:

Blake and Moriah said...

It's good to know things are settling back into place. I know you are busy getting rid of the mold, but any idea when you'll hop back into Power90? (I know this isn't terribly exciting. I just wanted TJ to have a comment on one of his entries!)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear ya'll made it back safe. Tim and I are looking forward to meeting you in March when we come down for a survey trip. I meant to ask you, I know you remember fondly the wonderful heating shower heads ya'll used while in language training. I have access to 2 brand new ones if you would like, I will bring them down in March. Just send me an e-mail (include anything else you might like brought down) Lisa
thebynums@bytell.com