Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Las Pistolas


Our boys are obsessed with guns. Pistolas, they call them. They make guns out of Legos, out of sticks, whatever they can get their hands on. Or they just use their hands. They are always shooting each other.

Boys will be boys, I know... It's not just because they're semi-surrounded by gang culture that they like guns. This is pretty normal behavior for 5-12 year old boys.

But what do we do about it? We don't know. Guns are definitely a part of what we're hoping to pull them away from. But instead of saying "no guns," we want them to know Jesus, to know how He loves them, and find a relationship with Him. Be changed by His love. And then live differently.

We don't want to be about "do this, don't do that," but this gun thing is out of control! Any words of wisdom?

1 comment:

Blake and Moriah said...

I love that you actually found a picture of a lego gun. Very cute. Blake and I were trying to figure out how we could surprise you guys... we decided the logistics just won't work. Getting to hear your voices the other night made me miss you guys. I honestly don't think I'll ever get used to you guys being gone. I love your stories, please keep them coming. It makes me feel like I'm with you! I love you guys! -Mo