Wednesday, December 19, 2007

America is dangerous.

So we aren't used to America yet.

We're having a good morning. We're in Nashville, TJ's on his way to record tracks on a new quick project, and we stop to get donuts at the famous "Donut Den".

TJ walks across the street to get some antihistamines at Walgreen's, and (Don't worry, Mom...HE'S NOT HURT) when he gets back, he tells Holly that he's just been HIT by a car. Hit by a car while crossing (jaywalking) a busy sidestreet in Green Hills. He was hit, thrown up in the air, rolled over the hood, dented the heck out of a Buick LeSabre, and found himself staring at its' tires while lying on the asphalt. The whole sh-bang.

Miraculously, thankfully, he is completely unharmed, except for being really bruised up and sore. The elderly gentleman who hit him refused to accept payment or insurance information for the car repairs - he only wanted to see TJ walk back and forth a few times to make sure he was OK, and then prayed over him. His response was "Oh, son... I'm old and I've got great insurance."

We just wanted donuts and Benadryl... my goodness, America is dangerous!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

No kidding...good grief! I'm so glad to hear he's okay!

Anonymous said...

Part of me was not surprised at all. Because really, it's another hilarious/random story to add to TJ's list of life's happenings that crack everyone up over dinner. Of course, I am SO SO SO glad to hear you're okay TJ.
love, blair

Anonymous said...

TJ, I feel for you man. I did that in Jr High and it really hurts. I am glad you are OK. You may never cross the street the same way again... LB

Lisa said...

TJ!! Be careful!!

I was just thinking how we'd love to have you come seranade us in our kitchen while we're fixing dinner!

Enjoy this time! We pray you can really rest and re-fresh!

Hugs,
Lisa O

Pam Case said...

Hit by a car, huh? You shouldn't take the benadryl before you go for a walk!! I hope you received the articles from your Amazon wish list. I sent them about a month ago. Meanwhile back in Tulsa, I have a new grandson. Channing Thomas Case, 12/26/07. Matt and his Holly are so thrilled.

Love to you!! Pam aka Mrs. Case