Tuesday, November 20, 2007

An odd realization

We were on our way out of town the other day, when I (Holly) had an odd realization.

I like hazelnuts.

I just turned 27, so I mostly have my likes and dislikes down. Like onions, dislike raw tomatoes. Like mango, dislike papaya. Like Spanish, dislike French. Like ACU, dislike Harding. (Sorry, Bison, but it's true!)

So it was very odd for me, when TJ asked me if there was anything I wanted from the store (besides the requisite cold Coke), to realize that I wanted a Ritter Dark Chocolate Hazelnut bar.

Which continues a previously unrecognized pattern of fondness for hazelnuts: Nutella, Ferro Rocher truffles, and now, the Ritter Dark Chocolate Hazelnut bar.

Would I like hazelnuts without chocolate? Probably not. Does anyone besides TJ care about my hazelnut revelation? Probably not.

I also like amaretto and marzipan, now that I think about it. And we're coming home for Christmas in a month. I'm just saying...

5 comments:

Melanie said...

If you like liquers, you should try Frangelico. It's a hazelnut liquer great for after dinner. Perhaps upon your next trip back to the states.

By the way, Happy Birthday Holly! I remember yours because it's the same day as my parents' anniversary.

Anonymous said...

I care, Hollster! You never cease to amaze me. love ya :)
Blair

Anonymous said...

I'm taking notes......


LoveU4ever,

rl

Summer said...

Hazelnuts - I think I like them too, now that you mention it.

Will you be home for Christmas or New Year's? We miss you!

Dad/GP said...

Ok, even the northern parents have taken note.