Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm back.

Back to unreliable power & running water. Back to mold and mosquitoes and never quite understanding what people are saying. Back to blaring discos & car alarms in our bedroom, back to constantly calculating exchange rates. Back to life without Blake & Mo, back to being the only Americans in town, back to not yet having met a brand new little person, Hannah Rivkah Brown. Back to entire days full of laundry, back to life without Ranch dressing, cheddar cheese or barbeque brisket.

I'm back to my adorable, talented husband who greeted me with flowers at the airport & took me to dinner at the only bowling alley in the Dominican Republic. (It's brand new, actually, and super-swank.) I'm back to our furry friend, Gus, who's our best buddy when we're feeling lonely. I'm back to kiddos who run up to me all over town & give me huge, for-real hugs, and ask how my grandma is doing. I'm back to realizing how much this place, these people & God's work mean to me, even though I hate it at times.

I'm glad to be back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

TJ and Holly...
Please read my post about Christine - we are asking you to join us in prayer..
http://melindagayle.blogspot.com/

Mindy

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you are home, safe and sound! Thank you for taking such good care of TJ and Gus.I don't know how you put up with no electricity, water , and an all day laundry marathon, but I admire you more and more every day, for doing what most will never do!

Love you forever,
Your fav mother-in-law!

rl

The Normans! said...

Hello friends! We miss you both so much! Congratulations on the new cd! We are pretty pumped about it, considering we listen to "Playground" all the time with Elijah. What fun! We want you both to make a wish list for us so that we can send you goodies. Seriously.. ranch dressing, cereal, foot insoles... WHATEVER! Please let us know so that we can love on you! TJ, we look forward to seeing you in the next few weeks!
Love,
Bart and Kristen