Friday, March 09, 2007

I dont like being single.



As some of you know, Holly is in the states right now, visiting her Gma who is sick. We were so excited for her to be able to go, but now, about a week and a half in, I am ready for the drive to the airport on Tuesday to pick her up. (There is a Domino's pizza in Santiago... mmmm.)

It's not just that the dishes are piled and all my clothes are dirty- I can do all of that- I just don't actually get it done often when she is not around. Its not that Gus and I are having trouble sleeping without her- he actually enjoys having piles of clothes on the bedroom floor to sleep on. Its just that I (and Gus, too) miss her.

It really has been a blessing in disguise, being here, just the two of us. While it has been lonely at times, we really have learned to rely on each other, enjoy each other's company more, and, generally, be a better married couple. I dont know that many couples could say that being together 24 hours a day would do that for them.

Holly's absence makes me aware of how much I really have made her a part of who I am- and also how this being single thing is just for the birds.

Love you babe- Ill be in the limo to pick you up on Tuesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I had been gone over an extended period of time, dad would very often pick up, do the dishes, etc. so that I came home to the house I left him with. It was like a wonderful gift! I was so thankful that he wanted me to come home after being gone so long, to a clean, welcoming home!

FOLLOW YOUR FATHER'S EXAMPLE. You and Gus need to pick up, do the dishes and maybe even find a bouquet of flowers to put on the table when Holly walks in the door! She will be soooo excited! Trust me! I'm your mother!

love you forever!
mom

Unknown said...

I miss you, too, TJ! Can't wait to see you on Tuesday. What a fun suprise to read this on the blog! My mom thought it was pretty cute, too. Love you. Love, Me.

ps - Por favor, cambia la foto. ¡Ay, ay, ay! No me gusta. Parezcamos borachos. ¿Posiblemente la del Cayo Levantado? ¡Besos!

Blake and Moriah said...

I like the picture, Holly. I think it's cute of you both! I've been meaning to e-mail you. There is some stuff we need to chat about. We miss you guys and are counting the days until May 4th! -Mo

Anonymous said...

tj! you look handsome in this picture. who would've ever thought you could look good?

just kidding.

i think it's my job as little sister to say things like that.

love you, miss you! -MP