Monday, March 26, 2007

Colorado Bound?


Congratulations to my brother Bret, and his girlfriend, Jaimy (Isn't she pretty? Way to go, Bret!) - they were both accepted to University of Denver's graduate tax law program!

After 3 years of law school at George Mason in the DC area, they're leaning away from litigating and towards estate or tax law. The program at Denver is a masters degree in tax law. I don't know just how hard it is to get in, but I know its very competitive & I obviously couldn't have done it!

So, congratulations, Bret & Jaimy! They haven't made a final decision - moving across the country is a big deal, and there are still lots of details to work out. Nevertheless, we hear Denver is a great city, and we'd love to come visit!

My brother and I spent countless hours sharing the (very small) backseat of a 1989 Acura Legend, singing along to John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High." He was hands-down our favorite cassette tape. I think my brother even dressed up like him for Halloween? White blond hair, little round glasses - the works. Anyway, it would be a nice full circle if my brother moved to John Denver's homeland - the soundtrack of our childhood.

Besides, I'm sure Elsa would make herself right at home in the snowy mountains...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool...Colorado...literally! Colorado is so beautiful that I'm sure if they decide to go they will love it.

PS - as you know, my brother and I had an almost identical experience with the John Denver tapes on road trips. We were just in a 1990 Nissan Maxima instead of an Acura. Oh, and don't forget the Starlight Express sound track!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an honor!

I too, loved John Denver, still do, but my experience with him was with my boyfriend driving to and from college....I sang as he played his harmonica!

Don't know why I felt compelled to share that piece of history......


love you forever!
rl