Wednesday, October 11, 2006

three years ago...

Through every smile,
and every tear,
every moment
blurred or clear-
Through every night
and every dawn
every laugh and
every yawn-
Life, in its weeks
and days and hours-
Life, with its sun
and thundershowers-
All of the pain
and the joy and the bore
couldnt have touched me
as deeply or more
without you-
You and all of your love
every drop of your patient love.
Love that makes me better and real
Love that builds and makes me feel
like the me who you know- who Im starting to be.
And today, I remember three years ago
When I thought our love was as deep as it goes.
And I was wrong- so glad to be be wrong today
because in every experience, joy or in pain
grows my love for you, day after day.

Happy 3rd Anniversary, Holly.
Love, TJ
(you can kill me for this tomorrow.)

3 comments:

jennifer said...

TJ and Holly,
You may remember us from the ACU days, Jennifer (Guess) and Kenny Rigoulot. TJ, Your music has meant a lot to our family and we recently bought your children's CD for our son. We love to sing the songs and watch him dance along. Thanks for the work you put into it! Also, Congrats on your wedding anniversary!

kentbrantly said...

Hello McClouds.
First things first: Happy Anniversary!
Jeremy Jackson was here last week and we were talking about you two.... reminiscing.
I've been without my computer for a couple weeks now, so I hadn't read your blog since you left Guate. So tonight I caught up on what you've been doing and writing for the last couple weeks. It's encouraging to hear your stories of your day to day adventures as you live your lives serving the Lord. May he bless you richly as you continue to join in his work in the Dominican Republic. I'd love to come try out your futon sometime.

Grace and peace to you both,
kent <><

Carissa said...

I bought 6 of your children's CDs to give to my friends and family with children. One of the CDs was supposed to go to Kenny and Jennifer Rigoulot's son, but apparently they beat me to the punch. I guess I'll have to befriend someone else with a child so that I can pass along your CD. I love it!