Tuesday, September 12, 2006

TJ's New Album

Big news.
TJ just released a new album.
A children's album!
It's only a few $$,
and you can order online here.

This was totally out of the blue, but somehow I think its my favorite album yet! A few weeks before we left the country, our worship minister, Brandon Scott Thomas, asked TJ if he could write a few songs for a children's album he was co-producing. TJ didn't have much time - we really were leaving the country in three weeks - but he wrote a few songs and gave them to Brandon. Of course the producers loved them and asked for a few more, then a few more, and before he knew it, TJ wrote & sang every song on the album.

You're going to love it. Your kids will love it. Your nieces & nephews will love it. Your children's minister will love it! It's kind of a Christian take-off of Jack Johnson's Curious George album. Kids songs that adults will enjoy as well.

It's always been our prayer that TJ's music and missions could work together, but releasing a children's album weeks before we left the country was more than we could have asked for! The record company enjoyed working with TJ so much, they asked him to continue writing and submitting songs from the Dominican. Worship songs, this time, I think.

Anyway, buy it. You'll like it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I bought the album already and Casey and I listened to it on the way down to visit his family on Saturday - we loved it! Hurray for a kids cd that is not annoying! Seriously, it's great work and when we have kids, I know they'll love it too! Is it strange that I bought it even though we're childless?

Anonymous said...

I bought it! I love it! Thanks TJ. I am new to your music, but I'm hooked. I look forward to more.

Resa in Missouri

christine pinson said...

we just ordered the other day and can't wait to listen to it with Jack...he has been a TJ fan from the beginning when you guys sent us 121...his music will always be special to us because he is so special to us...but it also helps that he's just plain good!

Blake and Moriah said...

Just thought you guys would like to know people at OC are buying your album, too! I've already had 15 orders! Take a look at the OC website when you get a chance. I put a 2 minute sample of the CD on the website so people would get hooked! I think its working! By the way, we have YOUR CDs at our house, in case you were wondering! We miss you guys... Are you coming home anytime soon? :-) -Mo

Elizabeth said...

Hey guys! Carter and Ashlyn (and parents) love the CD! Great job!

Josh said...

So great to hear about all of your adventures down south! Layne & I are amazed at your adventurous spirits - maybe some day we will come visit! Anyway, know that we are so PROUD of you both and the passion with which you serve the Lord, and are continually praying for His guiding hand to be upon you. A few things we want to say:
(1)Childrens album??? SWEET!
(2)Stephanie Post @ YL - hook up with her, she rocks like you!
(3)Get the Eric Church album and listen to "These Boots", perfect for those old boots you have...wait, i'll send it to you. - josh&layne