Thursday, September 07, 2006

Buenavista Social Club


Ever since junior high, TJ has had an affinity for all things Cuban. He loves the music, he loves the food - he even wants a tatoo of a palm tree! (Don't worry, Mom & Dad, don't think he's going to follow through on that one.)

Last night was incredible. Three members of his favorite Cuban band Buenavista Social Club live here in Antigua. Serendipitous. They play on Wednesday nights at this little place in town. We heard about it last week, and TJ's been counting the days.

Buenavista Social Club did not disappoint: the music was great and the dancing was even better! After this, I don't think anything could keep TJ away from Cuba if that door ever opened!

1 comment:

Summer said...

ARGH!!!! You got to hear them?!?! I LOVE them!!!! I had no idea they were there with you. I am so jealous. Basically, I don't leave home without my BVSC. It's true.

I discovered them after watching "The Motorcycle Diaries," after which I began taking Latin American music and culture more seriously. Anyway, love them, and I give their music to people as though it were candy. Really, really good candy.